- You Never Accept When You Are Wrong.
Some people believe they can NEVER be wrong even what they are they will never accept and it doesn’t matter who is going to be hurt by their belief of always be right
- It Takes You More Than A Day To Apologize
Those three words “I am sorry” will make a huge difference in your relationship. Once you are wrong don’t wait to give excuses or explanation or why you did what you did or why you think you are a ‘little right’. When you put forth an apology first you calm the nerves of your partner and calms down the intensity of the offence.
- It’s difficult for you at accept apologizes. An apology is more than just saying sorry, it is more of asking for forgiveness. You could say sorry and walk away hoping that your partner is appeased, but that is not the case here, you are actually supposed to KNOW and be assured that you are forgiven of your faults. It takes a lot to genuinely apologize and when your partner does especially for something done unknowingly you should accept and reassure him or her that they are forgiven. The truth is, the table could be turned tomorrow and you would be the one in need of their forgiveness.
- You are in the habit of referring to past mistakes and offences. Once a misunderstanding is amicably settled and done with, don’t refer to it no matter how upset you are. It shows that you really didn’t forgive the first time. The best way to see this is if you put yourself in your partner’s shoes and your partner keeps referring to your wrongs even after they say you are forgiven.
- You compare your partner to someone you believe is a better standard. Everyone is unique in their own way and uniqueness in relationships should be appreciated. If you were in a relationship you think was great, but couldn’t progressed into a committed long term relationship as you wanted it would be unfair to bring that same expectations to your new relationship. These are two different people and should be treated as such. Comparing your partner to someone else you think is better can destroy trust and distract you from make valuable contributions that could strengthen the relationship.
- You are hardly satisfied with sacrifices made for you. It takes a lot to make sacrifices, this means that your partner has to give up certain things just to make you happy and have reasons to remain in the relationship. It is not fun, sometimes a partner is even inconvenienced just to ensure the satisfaction of the other. If you do not recognized and appreciate those little sacrifices being made for you, you make not last a long time in a good relationship
- It’s too much for you to go out of your way to do something for your partner. One sided relationship! You can’t be expecting your partner to do make sacrifices for you when you won’t do same. You will lose. Sacrifices in relationship is reciprocal, it is never too much to do anything for the one you claim to love and probably want to spend the rest of your life with.
- You think your partner’s world should revolves around you. Are you that kind of person that believes that everything about your partner should be about you, his or her friends must be approved by your and your partner can no longer take good decisions if you are not involved. If you give the impression that you are manipulative, your partner is going to feel caged and probably regret the relationship.
- You don’t know how to stop nagging once you are offended
- You are ALWAYS right. Sometimes we make mistakes because we are not perfect beings. No matter how good and cautious they would be times when you would be wrong, your ideas or your actions. Accepting that you are wrong when you are and making apology is a sign that you are mature to handle a long term relationship
- You like to win in the argument. Healthy arguments are allowed in a relationship because it strengthens your bonds and helps you understand each other better. Nobody wins, instead each partner is allowed to air their while the other listens, if you always want to win in the argument, you will bore your partner and give the impression that you are impossible.
- You believe you are making the most effort for the success of the relationship
- Mood swings and silent treatments are your weapons. I call these deadly weapons because when one gives the silent treatment, you can never tell what is going on in their mind or why you are being punished with mood swings especially if you have apologized. If something bothers you, talk about it and deal with it instead of giving an attitude, you are going to push your partner away and make him or her avoid you whenever you are in that foul mood.
- You have demands that your partner cannot meet
- You don’t think your relationship needs as much prayers and spiritual investment as a marriage.